Mission Montessori believes our goal as educators is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We pride ourselves on taking our mission to heart and having a school culture that supports our mission. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, creative, and flourishing.
We are seeking caring, enthusiastic, and committed assistant teachers to work in our preschool classrooms with children 12 weeks to 9 years old!. You would be teaming up with our Montessori-trained lead teachers and fellow assistants to support our students’ individual development and maintain our beautiful and orderly Montessori environments.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a collaborative person who enjoys spending time with children and is passionate about helping them grow, and who is ready for a new challenge in a warm community where growth is valued and encouraged. It’s also a great starting place for someone who is interested in Montessori, as you become immersed in Montessori and we often sponsor assistant teachers for Montessori training so they can become lead teachers.
- Two or more years of experience working with children ages 12 weeks to 9 years old
- A joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Ability to interact with children, parents, and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, competent, and respectful manner
- Desire to understand and implement Montessori education (prior Montessori experience not required)
- Fluency in Spanish (not required, but a huge plus!)
- Willingness and ability to toilet train, change diapers, and clean (for our infant, toddler, and floater positions)
- Punctuality and dependability
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay for the Bay Area
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid sick leave, PTO, breaks, and holidays
- Tuition discounts
- Opportunity to enroll in our 401(K) retirement savings program
- Thorough onboarding
- A variety of professional development opportunities unique to each employee’s career path and interests, including in-house training, sponsorship for Montessori training, positive discipline training, and more
- A wonderful community that includes passionate and supportive educators from around the world, regular mentorship and opportunities for professional growth, and social events and community lunches
- Beautiful working environments (take a virtual tour of our campus here)
- A central location that’s easily accessible by public transit
ABOUT MISSION MONTESSORI
Located in the bustling Mid-Market neighborhood, Mission Montessori is San Francisco’s only Montessori school with programs for children from infancy through elementary. We work with children from 12 weeks old to 12 years old.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply at www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team!