Mission Montessori believes our goal as educators is to help each child become a passionate member of the human community who is confident, creative, and flourishing. We pride ourselves on taking our mission to heart and having a school culture that supports our mission. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, creative, and flourishing.
We are seeking caring individuals with deep respect for children to work as on-call substitutes with children ranging from three months to 12 years old. This is a great opportunity for college students looking for summertime work, for people looking to do part-time childcare work long-term, and for people who want more time in childcare before deciding if they want to do it full-time!
- Prior experience working with children (as a substitute/assistant teacher, nanny, children’s activities coordinator, babysitter, etc.)
- Flexibility to work with children ages 3 months to 12 years old
- Ability to interact with parents, children, and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, and confident manner
- An interest in learning about Montessori (past Montessori experience not required)
- Fluency in Spanish — not a requirement, but a bonus!
What you can expect
- Competitive pay for the Bay Area
- The ability to create your own schedule
- Paid sick leave
- Thorough onboarding
- A supportive team
- Beautiful working environments (take a virtual tour of our campus here)
- The opportunity to work with a passionate community of educators from all over the world
- A central location that’s easily accessible by public transit
ABOUT MISSION MONTESSORI
Located in the bustling Mid-Market neighborhood, Mission Montessori is San Francisco’s only Montessori school with programs for children from infancy through elementary. We work with children from 12 weeks old to 12 years old.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, we welcome you to apply at www.missionmontessori.org/join-our-team