The role of a Montessori Teacher is to provide a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills. The Montessori teacher will contribute to development and implementation of age-appropriate Montessori curriculum and supervise teacher’s aides or assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- -Organize and provide developmentally age-appropriate Montessori programs; plan and implement curriculum and education for children ranging in age from 12 months to 6 years old that cater individual needs.
- Plan and prepare safe and clean classroom environment; oversee safety and educational programs; supervise children in the classroom; observe their interests, present materials and guide how to use them.
- Build relationship with children based on trust.
- Interact with parents; maintain open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
- Write and compile individual assessments of each child’s development; completes daily reports to the parents, child attendance, and other.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Ensure classroom supplies are available and in working conditions.
- Participate in school event and field trips.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Passion about Montessori education.
- Patience and excellent observation skills.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement Montessori curriculum
- Ability to guide children how to use Montessori materials.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- MACTE or AMI Diploma.
- Standard First Aid with Infant/Child CPR.
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick days
- Free parking
- Professional development
- Career progression
About Oange Seeds Montessori Centre
At Orange Seeds Montessori Centre, people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is ambitious. We offer inclusive and well-rounded programming inspired by the Montessori philosophy. We’re passionate about creating a strong foundation for our children to build upon for the rest of their lives.