PMA is committed to creating a diverse and high quality learning environment for students of all abilities to reach their full potential. Applicants must be dedicated to the Montessori philosophy, and possess the ability to adapt to the changing needs of children and the school environment. The Montessori Primary Teacher will lead children enrolled in the Primary Classroom.
● Writes and delivers lesson plans that are engaging, effective, and aligns with the Montessori philosophy.
● Implements classroom instruction that supports the social-emotional growth of students.
● Cultivates positive, collaborative relationships with students, parents, teachers, and other staff members to promote positive student outcomes.
● Assesses and evaluates student growth; develops action plans on a class-wide, group-wide, and individual basis in response to student data.
● Creates a classroom culture that aligns with the school’s vision which is to ensure that students of all abilities reach their full potential for learning.
● Participates in an annual staff orientation, summer training, and summer retreat.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Valid Wisconsin teaching license
● Montessori primary diploma or credential or enrolled in an AMI or AMS Montessori program
● Teaching experience in an urban public or charter school setting preferred, but not required
● Passion for the Montessori philosophy, combined with excellence in communicating this philosophy to parents and other community members
● Outstanding classroom management that relies on positive, proactive reinforcement of high behavioral standards.
● Ability to work with students of all abilities, but especially students with physical, emotional, and/or cognitive disabilities in an inclusive classroom environment.
● Critical thinker with the ability to analyze data and adjust plans to improve student achievement.
● Must have sufficient mobility to move – including bend, stoop, reach, lift and grasp
About Penfield Montessori Academy
Penfield Montessori Academy (PMA) is an innovative, independent, public, urban Charter School with an inclusive Montessori framework. The Vision for (PMA), a K3-8th grade school includes: Lead with Love, Grow with Us, Better Together, Do What it Takes and Be Present. The mission is to provide solid academic, social/emotional and health experiences for students of all abilities to be best prepared to enter high school. The pillars of the school include: Inclusive Montessori Education, Family Engagement and Health and Wellness.PMA, established in 2016, is an inquiry and observation-based learning environment where students are guided with personalized instruction. PMA is chartered through the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. PMA is a membership nonprofit organization with one member, Penfield Children’s Center.